Beth has been lead counsel in over 50 jury trials, including numerous bet-the-company, multi-billion dollar cases. For almost 30 years she has developed an unrivaled record of victories in federal and state courts throughout the country. Her career has taken Beth from the Army to a leading role in the prosecution of the Oklahoma City bombers to nationally recognized work as a litigation partner at two of the nation’s most prominent law firms, and most recently to founding Wilkinson Walsh + Eskovitz.
Beth is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, an elected member of American Law Institute (ALI), and a Chambers and Partners USA “Star Individual” among Nationwide Trial Lawyers. Beth also has been recognized as a “Trial Lawyer of the Year,” a “Top 100 Trial Lawyer,” and one of the “Top 10 Female Litigators” by Benchmark Litigation, as well as a Litigator of the Year by The American Lawyer, an MVP of the Year for Trial Practice by Law360, a National Law Journal Winning Litigator, and a Chambers Business Trial Lawyer of the Year.
Clients & Industries:
Beth litigates cases involving issues as diverse as white collar, antitrust, mass tort and product liability, contract, commercial and class action litigation. She also represents clients in front of the Department of Justice, Congress and other government agencies.
- Lead trial counsel for pharmaceutical founder and philanthropist John Kapoor in a white-collar criminal trial and related proceedings
- Lead trial counsel for Bayer in the multi-district litigation involving the blood-thinner Xarelto, and in the first Xarelto state-court trial. Obtained complete defense verdicts in two MDL bellwether trials and judgement for Bayer, notwithstanding a plaintiff’s verdict, in the state-court bellwether.
- Lead trial counsel for the NCAA in lawsuits challenging, under the Sherman Act, NCAA rules limiting athletics-based financial aid and benefits that student-athletes may receive. The Court’s opinion reaffirmed the procompetitive value of the NCAA’s rules limiting pay while enjoying certain limitations on benefits student-athletes may receive. An appeal is pending.
- Lead trial counsel for Georgia-Pacific in a multi-billion-dollar federal court class action alleging Sherman Act violations by the largest manufacturers in the containerboard and corrugated products industries. The court granted summary judgment for Georgia-Pacific one day after it had preliminarily approved a settlement in which the company’s co-defendants agreed to pay over $350 million. Settlement upheld on appeal.
- Lead trial counsel for Facebook, Oculus VR, and other defendants in a suit by ZeniMax Media Inc. alleging that the defendants improperly used its trade secrets and other intellectual property in designing the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset. Obtained a defense verdict for Facebook and a partial defense verdict for the remaining defendants, including the jury’s rejection of plaintiffs’ lead claim of trade secret misappropriation.
Last updated Sep 2019