Travis has represented clients in complex business and technology litigation in state and federal courts. He has also handled numerous arbitrations across the U.S. His commercial litigation experience includes breach of contract, oil and gas, intellectual property, employment law, legal malpractice defense, real estate and technology licensing. In the areas of technology and intellectual property, his experience spans patent, trademark and copyright infringement, as well as trade secret litigation and licensing disputes.
Travis has handled oil and gas litigation throughout Texas since the mid-1990s, and has extensive recent experience handling disputes in the Eagle Ford Shale Play in South Texas. His oil and gas experience includes disputes involving title issues, drilling operations and surface damage, royalty underpayment, offset and development, bad faith pooling, cessation of production and lease termination.
Intellectual Property Litigation:
- Defending a multi-million-dollar project management dispute involving a software conversion, and winning a verdict on a counterclaim.
- Serving as lead counsel in more than 50 trademark infringement lawsuits throughout Texas.
- Acting as co-counsel in more than a dozen patent infringement lawsuits throughout Texas, including the Marshall Division of the Eastern District of Texas.
- Serving as lead counsel in patent-inventorship disputes in the Western/Southern Districts of Texas. Acting as lead counsel in numerous copyright infringement cases throughout Texas.
- Serving as lead counsel in numerous misappropriation of trade secret cases involving software, geophysical and drilling data, and proprietary customer information.
- Serving as primary counsel on the patent prosecution and patent litigation aspects of a legal malpractice case.
Oil & Gas/Energy Litigation:
- Winning a summary judgment as lead counsel for a Fortune 500 oil and gas company in a title dispute in South Texas.
- Handling multiple title disputes for properties located in the Eagle Ford Shale Play.
- Handling numerous royalty underpayment cases involving royalty accounting and an alleged failure to develop including numerous matters arising from the Eagle Ford Shale Play.
- Handling several lease termination disputes arising from an alleged cessation of production or an alleged failure to produce in paying quantities.
- Serving as lead counsel in several disputes involving the provision of oilfield services, including disputes arising from accounting irregularities.
- Acting as lead counsel in multiple disputes arising from drilling operations and casing failures. Serving as lead counsel in multiple surface damage disputes, including disputes involving the disposal of saltwater.
Last updated September 2019