T: + 505 2254 5454
Gerardo is a partner at Consortium Legal – Nicaragua, with over 25 years of experience in in conflict resolution, especially in litigation and arbitration particularly related with the food and beverage, banking and financial services, real estate, energy, and retail sectors. Gerardo is a former Civil District Judge and have litigated in the civil and commercial areas as attorney and arbitrator, he is a certified commercial arbitrator of the Mediation and Arbitration Center Antonio Leiva Pérez of the Chamber of Commerce and Services of Nicaragua. He has led the firm’s litigation team in the country’s most noteworthy and complex cases. He is currently one of the most referenced litigation attorneys at the regional level by Central America 2019 - Benchmark Research.
He has taught at Nicaragua’s main universities and at the Judicial School in undergraduate, master’s, and postgraduate programs in the areas of civil procedure, insolvency, and commercial arbitration. Author of the Manual of Civil Procedure and co-author of several manuals of International Commercial Arbitration in Ibero-America.
- PIDA Training, International Chamber of Commerce París, France (2010)
- Lawyer training program, Harvard Law School, United States (2004)
- Arbitration and Mediation program, USAID, CIAC, AMCHAM, Nicaragua (2006)
- Studies of Máster’s in Private Law, Universidad de Barcelona, España (2001)
- Law Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Nicaragua UNAN, Nicaragua (1994)
Last updated July 2019