T: +1 678.553.2385
Recognized for her extraordinary trial record of 50-plus defense verdicts, virtually unmatched by any other attorney who handles high-stakes products liability trials, Lori G. Cohen is a high-energy, high-profile leader among trial attorneys, and an effective, passionate mentor.
Lori is co-chair of the Global Litigation Practice, chair of the Trial Practice, and chair of the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device & Health Care Litigation Practice at Greenberg Traurig, as well as co-chair of the Atlanta Litigation Practice, and a member of the global firm’s Executive Committee.
Lori’s highly successful group packs a big defense punch, representing clients in some of the largest multidistrict litigations and mass tort cases in the U.S., while defending against some of the most dangerous, single-plaintiff catastrophic injury cases. The group was The American Lawyer’s 2018 “Litigation Department of the Year” for products liability.
Lori’s award-winning experience keeps the group in high demand from pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, consumer products companies, retailers, and industrial equipment companies, among others.
Retaining Lori can become a “game changer,” resulting in a less aggressive posture for plaintiff’s counsel and often obtaining settlement of matters on favorable terms for her client. She is often asked to “parachute” in for trial.
Lori’s 57 defense verdicts include those won following a two-month trial with $28 million in alleged damages involving pelvic mesh; a two-month trial with $30 million in alleged damages involving an endotracheal tube; a three-month trial with $78 million in alleged damages against the world’s leading manufacturer of pacemakers; a four-week trial with $18 million in alleged against a medical device manufacturer; and a three-week medical malpractice trial for a hospital.
Lori’s creativity and work ethic resonate with clients:
- “Personally, working with her and having her on the team is a constant safeguard if I need to take a case to trial, and let the plaintiffs know there’s a threat of trial.”
- “Lori brings a very unique style to the courtroom. She’s not reading a list of questions and stuck to that script.”
Recent honors include:
- ALM: “Products Liability Litigation Department of the Year”
- Law360: “Trial MVPs;” “Trial Aces;” “Top Female Trial Attorneys”
- LMG Life Sciences: “Product Liability Attorney of the Year;” “Life Sciences Hall of Fame” inductee
- NLJ: “Winning Litigators;” “50 Most Influential Women Lawyers in America;” “Top Defense Wins;” “Top 40 Under 40”
- The Legal 500 United States, “Leading Trial Lawyers”
- Chambers USA, Pharmaceutical Industry Products Liability Table
Last updated October 2018