+1 212 506 1932
Christian Becker's practice focuses on white collar criminal defense, internal investigations, and complex commercial litigation. He has represented a wide variety of clients in state and federal courts around the country, and was recognized on the Benchmark Litigation 2016 Under 40 Hot List.
- Trial counsel for MF Global Holdings in a highly publicized $3 billion lawsuit against PwC, which settled during the third week of a jury trial.
- A major private equity firm in a regulatory inquiry related to a former employee and purported Dodd Frank whistleblower.
- A client terminated from a top Wall Street bank after 30 years of service because of a poorly-worded federal regulation and faulty court records related to a 40 year-old criminal charge.
- The CFO of a company facing a criminal investigation for public corruption and racketeering.
- A California investment firm in defense of a meritless breach of contract action.
- The Parker Meridien Hotels in an internal investigation and subsequent defense of a civil action concerning claims for fraud and breach of a license agreement.
- Federal Housing Finance Agency as conservator for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in several actions against numerous financial institutions arising out of defendants' misrepresentations concerning residential mortgage-backed securities.
- National Australia Bank in enforcing a $60 million judgment for breach of an interest rate swap agreement.
- Chicago Fundamental Investment Partners in recovering funds misappropriated from a trust holding its cash collateral in a $45 million regulatory capital relief transaction effectuated through a credit linked note structure formed around a portfolio credit default swap.
- Le-Nature's Liquidation Trust in multi-district litigation against insiders, outside lawyers and accountants, and a German industrial company.
- The special committees of publicly-traded companies in internal investigations into stock option backdating.