Jean-François De Rico
T: +1 418 650 7923
• Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), CCSK, 2017
• ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation, 2012
• COBIT Foundation, 2011
Jean-François De Rico has developed an uncommon expertise in information technology (IT) law. His areas of interest and proficiency are many:
- Software development and implementation projects;
- IT governance;
- Privacy and Protection of personal information;
- Legal compliance;
- Negotiation and drafting of services contracts, licences (free and commercial) and development and implementation of contracts;
- Management of intellectual property rights;
- Cloud computing;
He regularly represents clients in licensing and IT related disputes in front of courts and arbitration tribunals.
Jean-François is frequently retained in connection with projects for the development and implementation of software applications, the outsourcing of IT services, the procurement of IT services and equipment, the development and implementation of electronic business processes, and the migration of IT systems.
He advises organizations on governance and regulatory compliance, on the negotiating and drafting of contracts, the protection of personal information and the management of IP rights. He also provides advice on the development of software applications, the outsourcing of IT services, the supply and procurement of IT equipment and the implementation of e-business processes.
Jean-François has been included in both The Best Lawyers® in Canada listing and The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory since 2016, for Technology Law
Last updated: Feb 2019