T: +1 (303) 583 8268
Don Samuels offers more than 30 years of experience in the areas of Employment Law and Litigation. While covering all aspects of Employment Law and all phases of Litigation, Don represents employers throughout the United States and holds licenses in Colorado, California and Texas. Don’s extensive experience specifically includes:
- Wage and hour issues, including class and collective actions
- Discrimination and wrongful termination claims
- Sexual and racial harassment claims
- Whistle blower and retaliation claims
- Enforcement of non-compete and restrictive covenants
Don is also an employment law arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association and a member of the board of directors of the Colorado Judicial Institute. Don received his bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Brown University and his J.D. from Columbia Law School where he was a James Kent Scholar, a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and an International Fellow.
- Represented health care company in three-week whistle blowing arbitration (still pending).
- Served as arbitrator in four-day arbitration involving wrongful termination and related claims and counter-claims.
- Successfully defended a defense contractor in a “just cause” arbitration case
- Obtained the dismissal of a lawsuit alleging violation of employment discrimination claims on the ground that the individual was an independent contractor.
- Currently representing multiple companies in state and federal wage and hour class and collective actions in California and Washington.
- Represented manufacturing company involving racial discrimination and harassment case, which settled partway through the trial.
- Represented California municipality in trademark infringement and breach of contract case, which resulted in a settlement and stipulated injunction.
- Represented California municipality in trademark infringement lawsuit, which resulted in a settlement agreement and the cessation of infringing use of the City’s trademarks.
- Represented California municipality in three-week jury trial on claims of national origin discrimination, retaliation, harassment and failure to prevent harassment and discrimination. Defense verdict for individual defendant and on three of four claims against the city.
- Represented an information management firm in a one-week jury trial on claims of wrongful termination in violation of public policy, violation of the Colorado Wage statute and related claims. Defense verdict on all but one claim.
Last updated September 2019