+1 212 819 8924
Rob’s focus is litigation and counseling in matters of antitrust (civil and criminal) and trade regulation. He is widely recognized as a leading practitioner in these areas based on his significant experience and track record, winning notable victories in complex, ‘bet-the-company’ cases where billions of dollars were at stake. Rob was recently named to Law 360’s “MVP” list of top antitrust lawyers in the country in 2011 and top Life Sciences Lawyers for 2014. He has previously been recognized by National Law Journal as a “Forty Under Forty” top young litigator.
Rob has litigated cases throughout the United States, including matters before the US Federal Trade Commission and other government agencies. Rob has particularly deep knowledge and experience in the pharmaceutical, construction, energy and financial services industries.
Prior to entering private practice, Rob was a trial lawyer with the Antitrust Division of the US Department of Justice, where he handled civil and criminal investigations and trials around the country.
Recent matters include:
- Representing a range of leading pharmaceutical companies in nationwide class action lawsuits claiming that the pharmaceutical firm delayed entry of generic competition through an allegedly unlawful settlement of patent litigation. Among Rob’s clients in these cases are Pfizer, Boehringer Ingelheim and Warner Chilcott (now Allergan).
- Representing Anthem in the Department of Justice’s challenge to its merger with Cigna.
- Representing OPEC, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, against claims of price fixing of petroleum-based products, recently securing dismissal of such claims.
- Rob recently secured a major victory for CertainTeed Gypsum, a prominent manufacturer of drywall (a staple in the construction of buildings) in class action litigation accusing major drywall producers of price fixing. Employing an aggressive strategy of developing facts to affirmatively establish CertainTeed’s innocence, Rob secured summary judgment dismissing CertainTeed, while all other defendants were required to go to trial.
- Representing Saudi Aramco, the national oil company of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and securing dismissal of nationwide class actions challenging the activities of OPEC members.
- Representing Experian Information Solutions in class action litigation alleging a conspiracy among major financial institutions, credit reporting agencies and credit scoring companies to fix consumer interest rates, and securing dismissal of the claims.
- Securing a jury verdict in favor of Experian Information Solutions in an action against the three major U.S. credit bureaus alleging trademark infringement and unfair competition in the sale of credit scoring services.
- Representing Novartis Pharmaceuticals in class action challenges to co-payment assistance programs for brand-name pharmaceuticals.
Last Updated 20th September 2017