Stanford Law School, J.D., 1986; Managing Editor, Stanford Law Review
Brigham Young University, summa cum laude, 1983
Heidi Hubbard tries cases in state and federal courts throughout the country. Her practice includes commercial litigation, as well as the defense of products liability claims, multidistrict litigation, class actions, and professional liability suits. Heidi is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers; and she has been named among the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” in America (Benchmark Litigation 2017). She currently serves on Williams & Connolly’s Executive Committee.
Chambers USA (2013-2017) reported that Heidi "draws praise as a ‘terrific trial lawyer’" and “is repeatedly commended for her strong trial capabilities” and her "genuine jury presence." In 2017, Heidi was named in Benchmark Litigation’s “Top 250 Women in Litigation,” and featured among its Top 10. LMG Life Sciences (2013-2016) highlights her “tremendous amount of trial experience” and designates her as a “Life Science Star.”
Heidi was named Benchmark Litigation’s “Product Liability Attorney of the Year” in 2016. In 2015, LMG Life Sciences named her defense verdict in Tersigni v. Wyeth et al. as the products liability “Impact Case of the Year.” Heidi currently co-chairs Williams & Connolly’s Products Liability, Torts & Medicine practice group.
In addition to her trial work, Heidi represents clients in government investigations by federal and state entities, as well as related qui tam litigation. Her appellate work has focused on issues involving federal preemption, applicable law, punitive damages, and class settlement fairness.
- In 2017, Heidi was lead trial counsel for the defense in state court in Wilmington, DE, in a commercial dispute involving contract and trade secrets claims in excess of $400 million. After summary judgment for Heidi’s client on the trade secrets claims, the jury returned a defense verdict on the contract claims, thereby resolving all claims in favor of her client.
- In 2015, Heidi was lead trial counsel in a 2-month bench trial in the Southern District of New York, defending against $1billion+ in fraud and civil RICO claims; the case resolved after conclusion of the trial and while awaiting the court’s decision.
- In 2014, she tried a pharmaceutical products liability trial (D. Mass.) that resulted in a defense verdict in favor of her client, marking the first time the client had prevailed on the adequacy of the warning for the injury at issue.
- In 2013, she tried a $500+ million commercial contract dispute involving a failed securitization, resulting in a defense judgment in favor of her client.
- Heidi also tried the first hormone therapy case to result in a defense verdict in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas.
Key Practice Areas:
- Business & Commercial
- Civil Litigation
- Class Action
- Health Care
- Mass Tort
Last Updated 30th August 2017