Rebecca is a partner at Thornton Grout Finnigan LLP who practices in the area of bankruptcy, insolvency and corporate restructuring. Her experience includes all aspects of corporate restructuring under both the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, having acted for debtors, creditors and court officers in these types of court restructurings. Rebecca has acted on regional, national and cross-border restructurings across Canada and abroad.
Rebecca currently practices in Toronto, Ontario, but has previous experience practicing in Alberta. Rebecca maintains a call to the bar in both the Provinces of Ontario and Alberta.
Rebecca's representative work includes:
- Counsel to JTI-Macdonald Corp., one of the largest tobacco companies in Canada, in its proceedings under the CCAA with a goal to achieve a global resolution of the myriad of litigation claims against it exceeding $500 billion. The two other largest tobacco companies have also filed for CCAA protection resulting in unprecedented industry-wide proceedings;
- Lead counsel to RCR International Inc. and W.J. Dennis & Company in connection with a sale of substantially all of the assets of the companies through a CCAA proceeding and United States Chapter 15 proceeding;
- Counsel to TELoIP Inc. with respect to its restructuring under the CCAA;
- Counsel to PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc. in its role as the court appointed monitor of Pacific Exploration & Production Corporation and its subsidiaries, in a cross-border restructuring under the CCAA, Chapter 15 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code and Chapter 3 of Law 1116 of 2006 in Colombia;
- Counsel to GuestLogix Inc. and its subsidiaries with respect to a restructuring under the CCAA;
- Member of the team representing the Trustees of the U.K. Pension Plan and the U.K. Pension Protection Fund in respect of the global restructuring proceedings of the Nortel Networks Group and the allocation of its global proceeds of sale;
Last updated June 2019